Sunday, November 22, 2009

Welcome Rain

Distance 8km [total: minimalist 36km: Barefoot 72km]

Saturday morning I was greeted by grey sky and fine rain and much cooler weather than what we have been experiencing over the last couple of weeks.

I was feeling not the best after a late night and a few drinks in the city with work colleagues.
The best way of shaking a hangover off is fresh air and the best place for that is at the beach.
It was a great change to be driving to the beach with the cars windscreen wipers going.
It was good to feel the difference when your feet hit the floor and it is wet instead of dry and hot.
There was still warmth in the pavement despite the rain.
I covered about 8km today in light rain and low cloud, the sea was calm and far fewer people out on the beach.
I ran across the stony path alongside the beach towards the end before hitting the road for 500m. I was still a bit hesitant about running across the sharp stones but I was faster than the previous week.
So far I think I am covering about 20km/week barefoot which I am amazed at considering 4 months ago I had not even started.
I shall stay around this level for the next few months before going any further.
Thirty years of running in shoes that weaken your feet are not reversed in 3 months.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment