Wednesday, November 4, 2009

They got me again

Distance 4km [total: minimalist 23.5km: Barefoot 31km]

Well, yet again the gym police were buzzing all over me.
What misdemeanour's had I carried out this time.
Well, last time you will remember they said the VFF's were a no no in the 'gym', they could be dangerous, maybe they frighten people.
Ok, so I don't wear them now.
This time I work my Asics in, I went to the cardio area, took the shoes and socks off and dared running a couple of km on the running machine.
The intention was, as soon as I had finished to put the shoes back on and go and do a workout.
Soon the sirens were sounding and lights flashing, a foot had been spotted, this cry for freedom must be suppressed as soon as possible.

I did explain that I get shin and knee pain when I run in shoes, all to no avail.
Maybe the gym police are all get kickbacks from the shoes companies, while pretending the rule is for my own safety, can't trust those feet, might fall over.

After a brief workout I went for a run along the beach to cheer myself up, I wonder how long it will be before there is a beach police that bans barefoot people on the beach in case they hurt their feet on a stone or a shell.
After all I might sue the council responsible for not having sifted soft sand.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment