Sunday, December 26, 2010

Yearly totals

Distance 8.5km [total: minimalist 132km: Barefoot 773.9km]

Well as the year draws to a close I should try to make an effort to work out approximately how many miles my feet have covered and if I need to buy a replacement pair in case the cushioning has started to deteriorate.

I put in an easy 8.5km along the road and beach today. There was a bit of competition with another barefoot beach runner but I just couldn't catch him, what's my excuse? he must have been younger.
I was concentrating on my form whereas I think he was just running flat out.

Maybe I should say that next year I should work on some more speed and set a goal to run the 13.6km Christmas day run in 70 minutes, that would mean knocking about 30s off my kilometre splits. Should be possible.

Well, the next race on the calender is the 4km Beach Bash in March, can I hit the 20 minute time for that one.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment