Thursday, December 30, 2010

Almost years end

Distance 7km [total: minimalist 132km: Barefoot 784.9km]

An un-timed 7km run today (because I rushed out and forgot my watch) on my usual road/beach combination.
It was going to be a warm 39C today so I set off at about 8.30am when it was still a very pleasant 24C.
The beach was a hive of activity at that time, parking was tight. The cafe's were full, lots of people on the beach walking dogs. The best part of the day.

I parked up at Grange jetty and ran along the Esplanade.
I felt pretty fast today and on a couple of occasions when I heard the tap tap tap of one of my shoed brethren just behind me I accelerated away and left them behind.
That will make sure they don't feel too superior wearing their new Nike or Asics :-)
After 3.5km on the road I had a slight ache in left calf, it might have been caused by some calf raised I did the day before in the gym.
I made it back without problem along the beach. I soaked the legs for a while in the water then cooled off by the cafe.

Tomorrow the heat is on again with a forecast 43C, not sure if I will run yet, see how I feel.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment