Saturday, December 18, 2010

Getting closer to Race

Distance 24km [total: minimalist 132km: Barefoot 749km]

Well with just one week to go before my first real race with other participants how are things going.
During the week I did a short 4km run along the beach on the Monday.
I need to pick up the pace a little on these shorter runs as these are the ones where I am not going to get sloppy in my style as the distance is short.

On Wednesday I did a 8km run, for a change I ran the first half along the road. It was a bit breezy out on the beach so staying on the road was a bit more sheltered. After about 3km I took the path to the beach then ran 4.5km up the nice flat beach non stop before once more taking the path off the beach and continuing back to the start point along the road.
It took me around 55 minutes for the round trip.

Saturday morning and I'm met with grey skies and that southerly breeze again. It is ideal running weather though, not too hot or cold.
I put in 12km today on the run from Grange to Semaphore, a nice steady pace and recorded a time of 71 minutes or 8:52 per mile, not too bad. This would imply a time of around 50 minutes for the run next weekend.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment