Saturday, January 2, 2010

Winds are back

Distance 7km [total: minimalist 44km: Barefoot 184km]

Once more to the beach where the wind was blowing strongly from the south.
This is a regular pattern once a high pressure system moves to the right of South Australia.
As it is positioned directly over the top the heat builds up to the high 30's to low 40's, as it starts to move to the right then the hot northerly winds blow down from the desert then finally, as the next system moves in the winds reverse and blow from the south, these are the cooler ones from the Antarctic.
So, the temperature today was in the low 20's and the strong wind was there.
I ran 7km today but still lacked a bit of bounce, I need a day or two rest and more calf strength training.
Outbound part of the run was into the wind and so running back was easy with the wind behind me.
I just couldn't lift my heels of the ground as much as I wanted to, or rather they were touching the ground a bit too heavily, my foot in a more neutral position rather than forefoot biased.
I think in a couple of months the tendons should be strong enough to run longer distances with the correct stance but I must take it slowly despite my keenness to get more miles in.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment