Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rest and Rehab

Distance 0km [total: minimalist 256.3km: Barefoot 1882.7km] Week 44

Well, here it is, the zero week, a week free of any running and boy it is soooo frustrating. After enduring the colder winter weather with numb feet, then a cool wet holiday in England I was looking forward to the spring days here in Adelaide. All I have been able to do is watch the nice weather come in without getting any long runs in, I feel like I'm being left behind. Will I still manage to run in the Christmas half marathon? I don't know.
The ankle is feeling better but not clear, there is still pain but much diminished from a couple of weeks ago. I know this time not to run on it as last time I brought the pain back again.
I have sent off for a small portable ultrasound unit as a treatment tool to speed up the recovery and rehabilitate the tendon. Better to learn the art of healing yourself than paying money out to physio's to do it for you.
I'll schedule a run in for next Saturday, a short 4km and if I feel any pain, stop straight away rather than push on. Only a matter of time to get over the injury.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment