Sunday, October 9, 2011

Almost a Zero

Distance 5km [total: minimalist 256.3km: Barefoot 1859.2km] Week 41


Saturday, 8-Oct. 5km
No running during the week as I give my ankle a rest to see if the swelling will reduce. I did a bit of reading up on treatment and immediately see that I have not done the right thing.
My first error was not recognising I had a sprained ankle and continuing to run on it and hoping it would go away. If I had recognised it then the fastest cure involves anti inflammatory tablets, rest, ice and compression. It was only on the Saturday I realised this and rushed down to the chemist at the last minute to buy some tablets.
I went out on a short beach run on Saturday to see how the ankle was feeling. There was still soreness but I could run on it. I kept my distance short and the run relaxed so as not to cause more problems.
So I managed to put in a few kilometres and didn't have a zero week.


Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment