Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ankle soreness

Distance 16km [total: minimalist 329.1km: Barefoot 6628.6km] Week32 (4th -10th Aug)

Running days: Monday Wednesday, Saturday.
Distances: 10km 6km

Monday saw me doing my regular 10km run from Grange to West Beach. There was a bit of warmth in the ground from a sunny day. I got in a bit of a race towards the end of the run when a wiry triathlete guy passed me so I hooked up behind him to see if I had the energy to catch him. I almost did just short of my finish point, he kept on going and I was pretty shot by that time.

Saturday was a cold day so I didn't fancy running very far, I set off running south along the beach on the cold sand, by the time I covered 3km I was getting a pain in my left ankle on the inside. I didn't want to risk an injury so I used that as a sign I should turn back. I came off the beach and ran back along the pavement, taking care to keep my running light so not to aggravate the ankle. I have been frustrated recently my some soreness in my right tendon and ankle area and now I have something in the other ankle, I need to get to the bottom of this.
I skipped the Sunday run this week to give the legs a rest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment