Thursday, February 4, 2010

Training

Distance 2km [total: minimalist 44km: Barefoot 269.5km]

I'm going to have to devote more time to getting the Pose technique correct from now on.
I think I almost have it right but my form slips in and out so it is going to have to be a case many repetition until I have retrained my brain to run correctly.
This is why in the book he recommends beginning the training at a point in time when you would not be doing much training anyway.
Fatigue is the greatest killer of correct form.
Tomorrow is my run home from work. I won't be able to keep up the style over that distance but I shall concentrate on holding it for as much of the distance as I can.
Wearing a backpack won't help as it moves the centre of gravity towards my back, maybe I need to lean forward more to counteract it, I'll have to experiment.

Tonight I practised on the field doing a series of the training poses followed by a run of 100m. I trained for about 45minutes then called it a day.
It is harder to hold the pose positions and do the support changes when barefoot as the foot muscles have to hold the entire body weight on the ball of one foot (keeping the heel off the ground if possible).
Swapping over quickly with emphasis on using the hamstrings for lifting rather than quads is tricky.
Anyway I'll be interested to look back on these entries in a couple of months to assess progress.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment