Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Slack week

Distance 36.5km [total: minimalist 329.1km: Barefoot 5282.6km] Week43

Monday, 21-Oct. 10.5km

A good fast run, felt good. Running into the wind in the southerly direction and had it behind me on the way back. The council workers still haven't finished the last bit of paving at Henley beach, it's like they completed 95% then just forgot. I have to keep dodging onto the road rather than run along the gravel on this short section. Hopefully it will be finished in the next few weeks.

Friday, 25-Oct. 11km

After my gym session yesterday and my sets of lunges my legs have residual stiffness and despite a good speed, I was a bit slower on the return section and the feet felt a bit sensitve on the brick pavement. No people to pace me on todays run and I think I may have struggled anyway. 

Saturday, 26-Oct. 15km

A perfect Saturday morning, blue sky and a very light breeze that was hardly noticeable. There were plenty of people out on the beach and lots of exciteable dogs looking for something to chase and I made a tempting target.
I ran mainly on the beach today with around 2.5km on the bitumen. I'm missing out on the grassy section now as it has dried out and is just a bed of spikey seeds that embed in my feet. They are more of an irritation than painful as they don't fall out when I lift my foot so eventually I get a buildup of the things and they make it hard to run. I ran back along the beach but felt a little tired towards the end. I enjoyed soaking the legs in the cool sea water after finishing.
I didn't run on sunday, a little internal voice told me to have a rest day. I have entered the Henley 10km run scheduled for November 17th 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment