Sunday, December 18, 2011

Puffy ankle!!!

Distance 5km [total: minimalist 256.3km: Barefoot 1968.7km] Week 51

Saturday, 17-Dec. 5km
What a week, and injury tsunami. Not only did I get calf knots last week, this week my left ankle swelled up. Not in a painful way, it was some kind of fluid retention, I believe caused by the calf being injured and not flushing out the lower leg area as it normally does. I also spend around 8 hours a day in a sit down job where I hardly move away from my computer and so that would be like being stuck in an aircraft for a long flight, day after day
I was desperate to get out for a run. I went out on a short test run today and covered about 5km on beach and road. I felt very unfit, my heart rate was high for what would normally have been a light jogging pace. The beach was hard work, no flat wet sand anywhere, it as all dry and scuffed up making running harder again. I can still feel my ankle pain, more around the top side, must be where the tendon attaches to the tibial bone. I'll focus the ultrasound more on this area now.
The Christmas race is now just 7 days away.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment