Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday long run

Distance 12.5km [total: minimalist 56.5km: Barefoot 282.5km]

First week back at work after my holiday and it is time to do the longer run from work to home, the 12.5km distance.
Thankfully the temperature dropped from the high of 32C down to a more reasonable 28C.
The run went really well. I keep concentrating on pulling the leg from the ground and being as relaxed as I can when it comes to the landing.
It seems to lower the stress on the tendons when there is no 'push off' which is what you would expect.
Sitting here now, typing this I don't feel any fatigue from the run which must indicate that I am maybe becoming more efficient.
I will need to get the camera out again to check on the technique. I was not happy with shots last time, it looked like my landing was too far in front of my body.
I really need a video camera to be able to study the landing to get a true picture.

The results for the beach race I did before the holiday are out and I came 18th out of a field of 108,
I thought my time could have been better so next year I shall have to aim at a lower time. Hopefully by them my Pose technique will be that bit better.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment