Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wet wet wet week

Distance 31.7km [total: minimalist 329.1km: Barefoot 4919.4km] Week34

Monday, 19-Aug. 10.5km

Wow the coldest run of the winter so far. I didn't run over the weekend due to the rain and wind so now I'm well rested and wanting to get out after sitting in fromt of a PC all day at work getting eyestrain. I got well wrapped up for my run, two t-shirts and a long sleeved top and my leggings. It was around 10C and windy when I got to the beach. Foam was being whipped up by the wind along the beach and blowing clumps over the cold sand. At one time I would have found it uncomfortably cold running in the cold water then onto the cold concrete but now it doesn't bother me that much. I did get a few unbelieving looks from people walking along the front who were wrapped in heavy clothes and coats. I ran into the wind on the way out and had it blowing on my left side on the way back, the wind gusts were up to 48km/h but mainly a steady 30km/h. Had I not worn the extra layers of clothing I would have got some wind chill and caused myself some problems. I ran the distance in around 58m.

Saturday, 24-Aug. 13km

After a friday night out on the town or rather in the pub, I was a bit slow to get going this morning. The weather didn't look that inspiring either, a misty dampness after all the rain of the week was still hanging around. I was hoping the sun would come out and burn it all off.
I got out for my run at 11am, the tide was far out and I had lots of flat sand to run on. The usual windy beach was calm so I was able to run at a good pace. Even the sand didn't seem that cold today and it was great to run on. I was in a bit of rush so initially had the plan to run for 35 minutes up then turn around and come back. By the 35min I ws only a couple of minutes off the end so I carried on and ran back along the foreshore. I ran harder today that I have been over the rest of the winter. I need to start getting some speed back into my legs.
The sun emerged on the homeward stretch and it was warm enough to take my t-shirt of, it felt good to feel the warmth of the sun on my back.

Sunday, 25-Aug. 8.2km

The hamstrings were a bit sore today after my run yesterday, I can tell I had a good run yesterday. So here I amrunning around the lake, I started as slow and relaxed as I could to ease the aching muscles back into life. I had done a gym session as well so took my time to loosen up. I dodged around a few patches of glass on the course, one reason to keep the eyes open. One piece would have been very problematic if I had stood on it. Even shoes would have had a bit of a problem.
Only one more week and I hit my 4 year barefoot anniversary and I will be close to the 5000km mark as well.

Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment